Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oh those giggles!

Steve has been off to football practice. I've been in the office on the computer. I could hear giggling going on down in the kitchen which isn't too uncommon. Railey and Kenna love to play with each other and they can sure make each other laugh. I had just left them at the kitchen table with paper and pencils and they were drawing away. It didn't even dawn on me that anything bad could be going on. It was just refreshing for a change to hear laughter instead of arguing or fighting or hitting or any of those other things that 1, 3, 8 and 10 year old kids do. Finally I drug myself from my chair and went to see what all the fun was about.

Oh my goodness. Do you want to know? Kenna was soaked as you can see in the picture below. She was reaching up and pushing the button on the fridge and watching as the water would shoot out at her. The giggles would come as it would spray all over her and then all over the floor. Are you serious! The floor all around the fridge (not just a foot out but more like 5 feet all around the fridge) was wet. I mean I had been enjoying giggles for a good 5-8 minutes ok maybe not that long (or maybe longer). But seriously. What do I do? I wanted to grab the camera and take a picture. I was laughing inside, between taking deep breaths and trying to control my temper. But she had to know that was not ok. So what did I do. I yelled NO and then went and slapped her hand. I mean really this can't keep happening and she has to know that. And our fridge is old and doesn't lock like the newer ones. So after cleaning it all up I brought her down to the office and then pulled out the camera away from the mess so she wouldn't associate the cute fun pull out of the camera with what she had just done.

However when I went and grabbed the towel and saw toilet paper all over the bathroom floor that's when I realized this computer had pulled me away from them for probably 10 minutes instead of the 8 I originally thought. Why can so much happen in such a short period of time when it comes to 2 cute girls that are only 20 months and 3 yrs old?


The culprit. Railey at least knew to run. J/K she stayed and helped me clean up the mess.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

LOL, well, at least they weren't fighting???