Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Kenna!

It's Kenna's birthday today! She is now 2. I can hardly believe it. In so many ways I feel like she is so much older. I was looking to throw together a collage of pictures from when she was a baby just had to laugh at all the pictures. She has so many different Kenna faces. Most of them are somber, where she will refuse to smile for the camera but every now and again I get the cute Kenna smile that we as a family know. But then as you see below there are definitely some where she isn't too happy (I tried not to put to many in). But Kenna is Kenna and we love her.

I love how her hair is coming in curly, although it is coming in really really slow. I still love it. I have always thought that she looked so much like Seth. Everyone has always thought that but the other day David told me she looked like my mom. I just laughed and said really thinking he was crazy (although there is one picture of me at this age that we really look alike), but the other day I came across a picture of Mom at about the same age and had to smile. I immediately went and got Kenna and told her to look (she loves pointing out her pictures and saying "Enna" whenever she sees them. Well that's exactly what she did, even she thought it was a picture of herself.
She has the darkest, biggest, brightest eyes that can either shine or glare at you. She's just like her dad in that her face is very expressive. She is not afraid to let you know how she feels about something. She is a little chatter box here at home but quiet as a mouse in nursery (notice I didn't say sacrament mtg.). She knows all of her colors and can even count to 10 if you get her on a good day. She loves to sing twinkle, twinkle and calls everyone a doo, doo head. We keep telling her to use nice words like cute head and pretty, or handsome, or funny head but the other day she came back with a stupid head and a weinny head. Oh when will this pass? She is starting to thin out some but it still solid and just so darn cute. I have a picture of her in a leotard dancing and doing somersaults all while singing Twinkle. It's so stinkin cute. She loves her brothers and Railey and gives them hugs and kisses but not too generously only when she really feels the love. Oh we love having her in our family.

Steve called earlier and asked if I was glad that we had her. Of course I said. How about you. He quietly, yet a jokingly said well I almost killed her once and luckily that didn't happen. Oh we are so grateful that didn't happen. We love this girl to pieces and those cheeks, there's never ever been anything on earth so nice to nibble and smooch on for such a long time (the rest of my kids had lost their cheeks by now).
We celebrated Kenna's birthday yesturday since Steve was supposed to work today. Last night we skyped Mom and Dad so they could see her open her present from them. It was fun that they could be a part of it.

She got clothes from them and princess stuff from us (shoes, tiara and necklaces)



As I said earlier she know her colors. We kept asking her what kind of cake she wanted like a butterfly or a flower and all she would say was a brown cake. So that's what she got, plus some princess tiara cupcakes.







She keeps putting the crown on upside down. I think it doesn't hurt her head as bad. Either way it's cute!

Happy 2nd Birthday Kenna. We love you!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

It might be a survival instinct...her grouchiness, I mean. If she wasn't so threatening I'd want to squish her chunky legs! ;)