Thursday, December 31, 2009

32nd Birthday--Ouch!

We it's official, I am now 32! That is hard to say out loud but it's true. The kids woke up and wanted to make me breakfast in bed but Steve and I were still in bed and wanted to stay there. So we hear them planning everything in the hallway. They try so hard and succeed in trying to please me. They had it planned that I would have mush, pancakes, juice, toast and something else. When they came in to show me the menu, I blew all their plans by telling them we were out of eggs, so no pancakes and we were out of bread so no toast. About 20 min later they came in with some blueberry mush that they had taken out of the package and microwaved. Best breakfast ever!!!

The kids continued to be great all day. About noon they went to the store for those eggs and came home with a cake mix and a present that I had to go on a scavanger hunt to find. Damen gave me one clue, "it's on the laundry room door." that was all I needed I walked over and found a coat rack thingy! I loved it and was so in need of one.

I wish I had my camera to take pictures of my next present. I proceeded to watch the kids make me a cake with Dad. All 3 were on the bar stools dumping in their ingredient and then all licked the beaters and spatuala you should have seen Railey's face and shirt and sleeves. What a mess but well worth it. They cooked it, cooled it and then proceeded to frost and throw (litterally, I found them everywhere) sprinkles on the cake. Can I tell you it was the most beautiful, tasty cake I have ever had in my life. All because my kids and husband made it for me and they have never done that before.

We played games all night watched a movie on tv and went to bed before 10, it was a great day.

Oh yea, we even went up and visited with Mom and Dad before they headed back down to Richfield they were anxious to get home and mom is feeling a lot better now.

No comments: