Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The New Year

I've really been struggling to come up with New Year Resolutions this year. Normally Steve will make one for me and I make one for him. I keep mine he doesn't so we opted out on that one this year. I did so good last year with running at least a mile a day well until about 1 month ago when it has been getting so hard to do it being pregnant. I want to do that again but, think I will start in February after this baby comes. I've been trying but it just hurts and doesn't get me excited right now.

There are lots of things I want to improve in my life, in my marriage, with my kids, but I feel like I am putting them all off just wanting this girl to get here. My main goal right now finding a name for this girl. We have no idea. We've known with our other kids but not her. Steve says she is being stubborn. So my goals for now, or at least the next two weeks are: Name for baby, finish baby blanket, wash baby clothes, plan lesson for Sunday out of new Gospel Principles book (only 2 pages of help) and try to forget about the contractions that keep coming, cause I know she still won't be here for a bit.

Overall I want to start documenting our life on this blog posting pictures of our kids and their lives and remembering all those cute times. For example:

I know it's kind of blurry as are many of my pictures but I love how Railey is looking at Seth. She absolutely adores him and wants to be around him all the time. Seth loves being with her too but does get frustrated with her every now and again. I love that they are good friends.


I love this picture! Steve and Railey got out of the shower one day and came walking down the hall to show me they were all wrapped up in their towels. She thought it was so neat. The cute thing was--it was a hand towel. She was mad that she finally had to get dressed. Can't you tell she loved it.

Then there was Damen's first piano recital. See my fuzzy pictures again. But it was the only one I had. He played Jingle bells and then did a duet with Jake Hansen, Oh come all ye faithful. He kept going in circles with Jingle bells and couldn't move on to the end. I felt so bad for him but couldn't help remembering when I had done the same thing as a kid. Oh the memories.
Here's to hoping for a great year. I am optimistic and know that God will bless us I just want to be fearless in going about and conquering life yet encouraging to those who are also trying to do the same.

No comments: