Thursday, March 29, 2012

Knowledge Bowl

Both Boys participated in Knowledge Bowl this year. The subject was science and it was actually a really fun topic to teach as well as quiz them on. They both learned so much. I guess that's the one reason why I've done it the past 2 years. It pushes them to learn more than they normally would. I was the main coach again this year, but I had so much more help. All the parents got to help teach and coach. I took twice as many turns just because I had two kids on the team but it was so nice to have everyone involved. It was also fun because everyone was from our ward except one boy, Spencer and he just lived down the street a bit.


Here's Damen waiting to go start the competition.

You can't tell in this picture but Seth had come home early from school on Friday because he didn't feel well. He ended up throwing up on Friday night and still didn't feel great on Saturday. In fact he was laying on the couch until we left. But he did great. We had planned on having 1 kid sit out for each of our 4 matches because we had an extra but by the last game Seth said he would sit out again, so he say out 2 games. But by the end he really didn't feel well. He was sitting in front of me and I looked at him and he was covered in goose bumps. Steve had a jacket on and gave to him to help him get warm. He ended up going straight home and sleeping for 3 hours! He stayed home Sunday from church and was feeling better by Monday. I'm just proud of him for wanting to compete even though he felt misserable!

My two smartypants! I really am proud of them for all the time and effort they put into this. It was nice because they were studying the same stuff and so they could go off and study together and quiz each other.

Here's our team: Spencer, Miles, Seth J, Damen, Tailyn, and Seth L. The kids did so well. They lost the first game 95-150 but they won the last 3 games scoring 170, 185 and 190. In the end we were one of about 48 teams to make it into the top 10. They don't tell us where we sit in that but to make it to the top 10 is pretty good! Great Job Guys!!!

Steve took Damen to lunch while I stayed home with the rest of the kids. When they came home they walked in with these two bananna chairs. I guess we can reward them every once in a while. They sure do love their chairs. Can you guess which one belongs to which kid? Yea, Seth is still all about the U. Someday he will change! (we're hoping).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: