Saturday, November 10, 2012

Damen's Reflection Photo

Damen participated in the Reflection thing at school this year.  We've never done, because personally I didn't need one more thing to occupy my time.  But this year Damen was required to do it for his class.  He knew early on that he had to do it but the project came due when he was due to be out of town, so last minute we had to hurry and get something submitted.  We figured photography would be the easiest thing to do.  So during fall break he went out and took photos these were some of the best that he took

 
 
 
 

But this was the one that he submitted.  I think he did such an amazing job.  The only problem was I sent it off to Wal-mart to be developed and the print came back very pixelated and we didn't have time or money to do it again.  So we turned it in anyway.  We went to the open house the other night and he was soooo disapointed that he didn't win.  He couldn't believe some of the ones that one and his didn't.  I hate those moments as a mom. I was proud of him but didn't know how to make him feel better.  Finally I told him it was most likely because of the pixelation but who knows.  Either way I was proud of him.  I love the picture!  I love the expression on Railey's face.  The half excited to catch the ball, half freaking out that it's going to hit her in the face.  I thought he got everything in perfect allignment and did a great job.  As I was looking back through the photos, I realized what he had done.  He had Railey just stand there with her hands up in the air like she was ready to catch and then Seth would throw the ball over Damen's head.  It literally took many many shots to get this perfect picture and I as his mom thinks it's perfect.  I' will frame it and hang it on my wall!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: