Thursday, February 17, 2011

Damens Coat of Arms

I went to parent teacher Conferences the other day and while I was waiting to visit with Damens teacher, I was looking at all the stuff on the bulletin board. It was cute to look and read every ones Coat of Arms. Then after reading several I found Damens and was impressed. I was especially impressed after I read every one and he was the only one to have written that in 10 years he would be on a mission. I guess there was a little pride that crept into me because by darn I sure was proud of my boy, still am.

It says if you can't read it. I feel proud about...my games
What I will do in 10 years... mission
All about my family... 6 people
Things I do with my friends... play

Nothing else was out of the ordinary, pretty basic really but like I said I was proud of the mission thing and then to see "In God we Trust" in those huge big letters also made my heart swell a little. Damen has picked a great family motto for us I think we will stick with this, we couldn't get a better one or one that would fit our family any better. We are who we are because of our trust in God. Thanks for the reminder Damen and I hope we can live up to it. I sure love you bud you are a great example to so many!

2 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

UH.....I can't help it either, And he's not even my kid!!

More Joy in "The Service" said...

There is nothing wrong with that kind of pride. Read Elder Uchtdorf's Priestood Session talk from last conference, just the first part if you have any doubts. I will say without hessitation or apology that I sure am proud of my brother and his wife for raising such a valiant son.