Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Faith

Over the years we have tried to teach our kids about Faith. We have explained it in several different ways given example after example of what faith is and how it works and basically tried our darnedest to help them understand. To be honest there is so much I still have yet to learn about faith but as I learn I want to teach it to our kids.


The last few years business has been very slow. But Heavenly Father continues to bless us and give us little glimpses of how he truly is aware of us and the circumstances we are in. For example the other day I decided to fast. It was the first time since I had gotten pregnant with Railey, I was actually kind of excited to fast, I know call me crazy. But up to that point the phones had not been ringing. Normally by that point we have been lined up and backed up with over a months worth of work but not this year so I decided to fast for work and for the phones to start ringing.


I know that the Lord works on his own time table and I wasn't expecting the phone to start ringing on Sunday but figured within a week or so we would get a decent job. Little did I know that while I was leaving church two people would stop me and ask me to have Steve call them because they needed work done. The jobs weren't big but they were jobs. I went home from church wiping away tears as I realized that though these jobs weren't going to pay the mortgage, God was telling me that he would provide just as he always does!


Last week Damen approached me and said "Mom ya know how you and dad are always saying prayers that we will get jobs?" I answered yes wondering where this was coming from out of the blue and where it was going. "Well have you noticed that Dad didn't have any work and now he has lots and he's never home?" "Yes Damen, isn't Heavenly Father amazing," I tearfully replied. My son, without us ever saying a word to them about praying for work, has noticed the hand of God in our lives and was pointing it out to his Mom (though I was completely aware). We then talked for a while just the two of us about faith and how it works along with prayer. I only hope that somehow we can keep pounding this into our kids heads and that they will continue to be receptive and then notice on their own how much God truly does care about them and their needs. They will need to know this more than at any other time in history and it is our job as their parents to help teach them this. Heaven knows we all need the reminder even as adults.

2 comments:

Adams Family said...

It will be so nice for your children to have access to this blog when they are older. The fun\funny times, hard times, learning times, etc. I am glad I get to be a small part of your lives by reading it.

Julie W said...

Thanks for this faith promoting post. Your family is so neat, I want to be your neighbor!