Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

I hated last years Mother's Day! I was ornery all day long. Steve and the kids did everything right but I still hated it and let them all know it. By the end of the day I realized how ridiculous I had acted all day long and vowed I would never do that again. This Mother's Day Steve and the kids did everything right again starting with breakfast in Bed before 7 (we don't have church till 1), going for a walk with Steve, watching them straighten the house for friends that were coming over, seeing my beautiful fuchsias hanging basket and cuddling my cute kiddos. The difference between last year and this year--My ATTITUDE! I know that makes all the difference in the world. But hey don't worry I was back to my yelling and ordering first thing this morning.


During sacrament meeting Steve always writes me a Mother's Day poem, but since he wrote it early (I posted it for Easter on the blog) he hadn't planned on writing another one. Damen leaned over though and said, "Dad where's your pencil and paper? Why aren't you writing a poem." Steve told him he already had but that wasn't good enough for Damen, he thought I needed one on that day. So with a little help from Steve this is the poem that Damen wrote me for Mothers Day. I love it!


Sons first attempt

A mother's Day poem

Tradition passed on

Before I go roam.


I love you mom

With all of my heart

Even though sometimes

I act like a fart.


You're the best mom

A boy could get

Especially when

I throw a fit.


That's my attempt at

A mother's day Poem.

I promise we'll love you

No matter how far we roam.


Later in the day I found a poem that Seth had written for me and just placed on the counter for me to find later. This is what he wrote:


Roses are red

Fuchsias are Pink

You're the best Mom

We think.


Ya know this poem could be taken several ways just depending on how you say "We think" But I am so proud of my boys. They take after their dad when it comes to poetry, because I ain't got no rhyming skills!!!!


I'll have to share more of the poems I've been stacking up over the years. Some are quite tender others are well down right hilarious, but they all mean the world to me because they are for my from "My Boys."


I guess while I'm at it I have to tell my Moms how much I love them and how grateful I am for their amazing influence on my live and Steve's and our family. You mean the world to us and we cherish your words of wisdom and advice. We need your input and council in helping to raise our kids. You've been there and done this and we need all the help we can get to raise these beautiful kids we've been given. Thanks for loving us even when we may disappoint. Thanks for seeing our potential and helping us to reach it. Thanks for just being there when we need to vent. We love you!

2 comments:

Adams Family said...

I would love my husband to write me a poem or letter every mothers day. That is a really good idea.

Julie W said...

those poems rock! especially the one with the word fart....so sweet.