Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Seth

Well my baby Seth is now Big Seth. Seth turned 8. Where oh where has the time gone. I can hardly believe he's this old. In fact I keep pretending he's not. I know stupid huh. Seth has been begging for a rip stick for the past 5-6 months. But usually we are spending so much money on the 8th birthday with new scriptures, scout uniform, baptism and everything else that with Damen that was all he got for his birthday. But with Seth he got scriptures a few months back and someone gave us all the scout stuff for him so we decided to splurge and get him a rip stick. It was still cheaper than all the scout stuff we had to buy for Damen. I was on my way to buy one when I decided to check out KSL classifieds. When only 7 minutes before someone in Lehi posted on for half the price they are in the stores. I called immediately and had it in my hand in less time than it would have taken me to go through the check out line at Wal-Mart. He was so excited, I think he was convinced that we still had to go buy a present. See earlier in the day when I had gone to pick it up Damen had proclaimed to the entire cul-de-sac that I was going to buy Seth's present. Well I knew they would all crowd the car when I drove up to see it so I went to the back gate put the rip stick by the grill and then pulled the car around front. All the kids did crowd the car looking for the present but were sorely disappointed when I told them I had to take some papers to someone. After dinner I told Seth to go and grab a big rock by the grill to take to pack meeting that night. When he did he found his present and was so so so exited. So was Damen since I had totally pulled the wool over his eyes.







After going to a few minutes of Pack Meeting we came back and had cake and ice cream with Ben and Nat and Darc and Jared and kids. It was so hard for Seth to pick out what he wanted on his cake. He is into sports but already had a "ball cake" before and he is into super heroes but not about to admit it any more. So he went with a sports logo instead. I colored half my cake batter blue and so my layers were white, blue, white, and blue. I didn't spend much time decorating as you can see (nothing is smooth) but he loved it none the less and was super excited for his cougar cake











Seth oh how we love you. We love your gentle, sensitive side that looks out for your sisters and hurts when you know you've done wrong. We love how you want so hard to do what is right and get frustrated when you know your not. But we also love your willingness to try anything hard. Like skiing down hills that Mom won't even look at or riding a rip stick and figuring it out no matter how many times you fall down. You are determined and we love it. We also love that you still want to be cuddled and aren't afraid to come and ask for it. We will always take you in our arms and cuddle you whenever you want and no matter how big you are. We love you Seth and are so proud of you for all that you are doing and especially for your choice to be baptised. Sorry we are having to put you off until August. These darn vacations that are getting in the way of when you should get baptised. Oh well we'll have fun. Love you bud, Mom and Dad

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

Happy Birthday Seth!! I love KSL. Seth you are awesome.