Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First Real Snow

Last night for FHE, Steve was being a little late getting home so while we waited for him we decorated some gingerbread cookies. I have never really made them for the kids, because I was unsure they would like them. But they gobbled them up and wanted more. I'm glad--because I love them, soft and chewy!


Today we actually woke up to a little snow on the ground. This was the first real snow of the year or at least the first to actually accumulate anything. So it was all we could do to keep the girls inside until about 9:30. But then Steve took them out to build a snowman which was a welcome blessing for me since I needed to work on a few Christmas things for Railey. So here are the pics of them having fun in the snow.













Railey came into the office a few minutes ago (a few hours after building the snowman--he was melting at a good pace) and told me that I needed to go turn the air up because her snowman was melting. I just kind of laughed and didn't think much of it, except that it was funny, until she said sorry my I broke it, referring to the thermostat cover that had just come off. I asked why she had taken it off and she said she was just trying to turn the air up. I quickly had to explain that that only controlled the air in the house and that if she wanted to change the temperature outside she needed to go and tell Heavenly Father to turn the air up. I didn't check but it wouldn't surprise me if she went right then and said a little prayer for him to turn the air up. She is so worried about her first frosty melting!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: