Friday, December 30, 2011

One Year Older

This year Steve had to work on my birthday so we decided we would celebrate a day early since he had that day off. We had a good time! Probably the most fun done on my birthday (or non birthday this year) in years. Mom and Dad were back from Idaho and wanted to see what the kids had got for Christmas so they came over bright and early. The girls had too show them their princess dresses of course and the boys couldn't wait to show them their good as well. Then I opened a present from Seth. Earlier that morning he had found a piece of fabric, from and old skirt, and decided to make me something out of it. It turns out he made me a scarf. He really did do a great job and still continues to insist that I wear it. Which I DO!




Mom and Dad gave me a nice pan that will definitely get some good usage.
After they left we headed down to BYU. We have been buying our milk from down at the Creamery. One it tastes a lot better, and yes I can notice a difference, we all can even the boys. Two it's constantly 3/$5. I have been paying $2.50 in the stores so I figure if it keeps me from going to the store it's a good thing cause then I don't end up leaving the store with 20 other things. And Three after you buy 24 jugs of milk you get a free 1/2 gallon of ice cream. So we buy 12 at a time and throw most of it in the freezer. We've been trying to convince Seth to switch over to be a BYU fan and one of the ways we are working on him is through the milk and ice cream. When he said the milk was so good I commented on the fact that the milk came from righteous cows and that's what made all the difference and told him he needed to reconsider his loyalty towards the UTES (he is). After all that we stopped at McDonalds (Steve had a gift certificate otherwise we never step foot into that place). On the happy meals were these little mustache's that you could punch out so we did and took a few pictures.









Then Steve tried to be all Steve on me and decided to go and inconspicuously pose with Ronald. The pictures turned out so dark so I did my best to lighten them up on my computer but that only made them grainy. Sorry. They are still funny though!







We went home and made it in time for Steve to go coach Damen's team in their first basketball practice. I was expecting them home by 5 so dinner was all ready and waiting. By 6 they still weren't home so the girls and I went ahead and ate my birthday dinner and they showed up 45 minutes later (they had gone to buy shoes for the boys)



Here's a few pictures of Kenna. She was helping me decorate my birthday cake (note: don't make yourself a birthday cake if you don't even like cake, make something you like. But if the kids make it then smile and eat a big helping)



She is so darn cute!



Here I am blowing out the candles. We dished up the cake and ice cream and everyone was about to start eating when Steve said "no, Wait everyone have a bite of ice cream at the same time." (it was BYU Graham Canyon ice cream) So everyone got a fork of ice cream ready and on the count of three we put it in our mouths all three BOYS said "mmmmm. Righteous!" It was hilarious Steve and I seriously could not stop laughing. The boys did it but we had to explain it to them after. Yea it's from righteous cows too!!!! Very Good! It really was s fun day thanks family!

The next day on my real birthday I was going to go shopping and get a new shirt and get Steve some much needed pants, but his truck wouldn't start. After messing around with it for over an hour we finally got it going. I ran the boys down to Orem to play with Clark and Carson and Railey ended up staying as well and Kenna and I finally went shopping. We were on our way back to their house when on the middle of 8th north in Orem the truck died I quickly pulled over into the dollar store parking and it started up again. I kept thinking, great what's wrong now, but since it started up again I took off again only going on back streets and going past all the in-laws homes just in case something happened again. Well I was on 8th east crossing 8th north when it died again in the middle of the intersection. I coasted to the side of the road and again it started up again only to let me go about 100 ft before it was dead for good. That's when I realized that the truck must be out of gas (the gas gauge is off and I didn't know that since I never drive the truck). Caralee had lent me a cell phone so I quickly called them and Chris came to my rescue. I would have gone the 2 blocks back to get gas at Harmons but Kenna was now asleep in the back and I didn't think I could lug a gas can and a sleeping baby. But everything worked out fine in the end. In fact Steve ended up coming home early and beat us home by and hour plus, because of our car issues and had dinner waiting when we arrived. I was so glad he was able to get off work it was a welcome surprise to a cruddy afternoon!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well, your actual birthday sounded a bit depressing. :( I hate car trouble. I'm SO sorry I didn't call you. I'm trying to be good and call people for their birthdays and I had everyone's birthdays in my phone but when I got a new phone I lost them all and haven't been able to get them again. So, again, I'm sorry I didn't call.