Monday, December 26, 2011

Twas the night before Christmas

Normally on Christmas Eve we get the house all ready and then towards the evening we get together again with the James' but we did things a little different this year. We decided to have a nice quite night at home. We had the best Christmas Eve ever! I made a nice big dinner and had the table all set with our china and goblets with salads on a salad plate when I called everyone up to dinner. They all tried to turn the lights on when they came into the room until Steve pointed out that we were going to have dinner by candle light. I'm thinking we should do this every night!!!! The kids were so well behaved and used their best manners, ate all their food, didn't complain and were complementing me on the dinner and telling me how much they loved me the whole time. It really was so nice. I can honestly say that there was an amazing spirit in our home and I want to find ways to have it there more often.

We served them their dinner after their salad but held off on desert until later since everyone was full. We quickly but quietly (no none wanted to disturb the spirit in our home) cleaned up dinner and then Steve came walking over with a gift for me that he and the boys had gone to pick out earlier. At that point Damen hollered out in a deep, loud, low voice, "The First Gift of Christmas" (just like in the Polar Express). It was a camera!!! The kids broke mine on Monday. So I was very excited! It took a minute to calm everyone down again and then we read the Christmas story. After they each opened up some new jammies. While I ran to the store to get a new memory card they all ran downstairs to watch some old Christmas movies we have made for the James and Bailey and Hoopes families as well as one for just us. They loved it! I think it's time to make some more movies. After treats and calming the kids down and checking the Santa Tracker a few more times we were finally ready to hit the sack. It took no time for the kids to drift off to dream land. It was a wonderful night and we look forward to this new tradition for years to come!

Kenna all ready to help me with dinner

Eating our yummy treats

Kenna licking her plate (just like her dad)

The kids reading what they wrote to Santa

Tickle match on the floor



Their Christmas notes to Santa

Dad reading How the Grinch stole Christmas

One last look at Santa tracker. At this point he was already past Brazil and moving up into the New York area. Another tradition the boys have is sleeping in the office on the blowup bed (normally grandma and Grandpa are in their bed) so they had to do it again this year. Earlier in December Seth was writing a paper about traditions and wrote this down but wouldn't tell everyone the reason (so they can track Santa) because he says most everyone doesn't believe in Santa in his class. How sad! I can say that ALL our family believes in Santa! Oh I love the magic of the season!!!!!

No comments: