Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween is officially over! I must admit that it isn't my favorite holiday. I get the kids dressed up and they have fun and I do love going out trick-or-treating and visiting with all the neighbors but I hate spending money or coming up with costumes for my kids (though I do it). But this year it lasted all weekend long. Friday I had to dress the kids up for school and then go and see them. I love watching them walk through the halls I just don't like having to find a place to park so I can go in and watch.

But the kids had fun. After school I took them to Aunt Helens for a sleep over. The boys and Railey went for dinner and then we picked up Railey and brought her home. I wouldn't put Aunt Helen through a night with Railey. I had planned to go get the boys around noon the next day but before I left I got a call telling me they had gone to lunch and were then headed to a movie. So we decided I would just take their costumes with me when I went to pick them up. See her ward was doing a trunk-or-treat and she wanted us to go with her. It turned out to be great because the weather was awful. We were under a pavilion and the kids got their candy (not sure at that point whether we would go out trick-or-treating or just call it good). We left shortly after and as we were heading home the weather started letting up so we did go out on a few streets here in the ward. The kids were exhausted from all their fun over the weekend (so was I).

On Sunday we had the James' over for soup and bread and then called it a Happy Halloween. I'm excited that next year it will just be on one day!



A girl paid me to make this costume for her son. It's a star wars outfit. I liked how it turned out, it just took me forever. I had to end up creating a pattern because the pattern she got for me was for an adult. So it was a little big but it still turned out cute and was fun to see that I could make something that looked good without a pattern! Yes this was another thing that has kept me from blogging.



Here are the kids all dressed up. Seth was a cowboy, Damen a confused superhero (iron man suit, batman cape and superman hair), Kenna was a flower, and Railey a Butterfly Princess.


Seth at the parade


Damen at the parade

As we were driving back from Aunt Helens the kids informed me that we hadn't even carved pumpkins. What kind of mother am I? We had totally forgot. How did we get so busy that we forgot that? I don't know but we did have something going on every night the past week! Oh well maybe next year. I just can't believe we forgot the funnest part of the whole holiday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: