Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

In years past we have started at the beginning of the month and made a big long chain of everything we were thankful for. This year we got off to a slower start so I made all of us a paper with our name on it. Then we proceeded to make our own lists of what we were grateful for. It was fun to see what everyone put down. The kids would go and add to their lists everyday. I added lots to my list. For me being grateful this season has been the only thing to get my mind off of some of the negative things that are going on in our lives right now. Though there is bad I couldn't help but focus on how much good God continues to bless us with, maybe to compensate for the negative? I don't know but I'm grateful.

Here's our lists:

Dad:
Two Girls
My boys
Ten Years

Mom:
Jesus Laughs Sunshine
Steve Apple Pie Flowers
Damen Smiles Marriage
Seth Raspberries Trips
Railey Sippy Cups Integrity
Kenna Soup Honesty
Grandpa Curling Iron Friends
Grandma Toilets Obedience
Grandma J Work Garden
Temple Vacuum Neighbors
House Stove Siblings
Food Clocks Grass
Lights Chairs Babies
Clothes Love Cars
Paper Money Teeth
Snow School Exercise
Health Apples Books
Strollers Computers Cameras


Damen:
Home Sports
Parents Practice
School Calendars
Friends Food
Teachers Coaches
Earth Students
God Cars
Christ Birth
Church
Books
Holidays
Siblings
Family

Seth:
Parents Penguins
God Hats
Brother Words
Sisters Jesus
Damen Love
Mom Earth
Dad School
Raiely Holadays
Kenna Books
Me Leters
Home Snack
Food Eraser

Railey:
Jesus Grandma
Broccoli Grandpa
Christmas Flowers
Santa Pink Skirts
Temple Sweater Dresses
Cookies Slides
Damen Slippery Slides
Seth Food
Mommy Letters
Daddy Baptism
Me Walks
Kenna Strollers

Kenna:
Diapers
Squash
Applesauce
Boob
Blankets
Asparagus Soup
Baths
Damen--holding me
Seth- blowing on my belly
Raiely-making me laugh
Daddy-stories, dancing
Mommy-boob
Stroller rides

We are a very grateful family this year. We had a great thanksgiving this year and hope you all did too!

No comments: