Monday, March 28, 2011

Knowledge Bowl

As I have mentioned before, we did knowledge Bowl this year. It's been quite the experience. I've enjoyed it, I've hated it but all in all Damen Loved it. So what does that mean? We'll probably be doing it again next year. I loved learning, or at least refreshing my memory on History this year. I loved seeing how amazing Damen's memory is. Once he learns something he does not forget it (unlike me). It's been fun getting to know the kids two of them are in our ward the other two are in a ward together.

Going into it I really had no idea what to really expect. Heck I didn't even know all the rules until a couple of days before the competition (and they call me the coach?). But I had a couple of other parents who helped out and worked with the kids as well. We got down there on Saturday and beat our first competition, they didn't even answer one questions. Our kids were feeling pretty confident and maybe so were the coaches. But then we went into our next two competitions. We didn't do too well in those. One of the teams was from the gifted and talented school. Let's just say between the next two teams I think we only got 4-5 questions right. But on the last game we did well again and made a good comeback after half-time. It was fun and the kids learned lots I just have to keep telling myself that they didn't know any of this stuff before so it definitely has made them learn, so maybe I should do it again next year.

Oh I just reread this and saw that it was all over the place but that's about the state of my mind lately so just deal with it!

The team: Damen, Seth, Tailyn, Tylee, Brynn

Damen with his NERDS reward

No comments: