Monday, April 4, 2011

Popcorn

The other night the boys and I were going to have a night out, which meant Steve was going to be left home with the girls. I knew there would be a little popcorn at the schools magic show, where the boys and I were going but it would be very little (one tiny bag per family) talk about school cutbacks! So after seeing this recipe online, after tasting a Carmel apple dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar that Steve had brought home from Park City, I was dying to make some popcorn! So I pulled out the dusty popcorn maker and started to get everything ready to pop away. Pretty soon I had all kids gathered around wondering what in the world I was doing. What kind of mother am I that my kids have never seen me use a real popcorn popper? They only thought it could be cooked in the microwave! I know it has been used 'cause we got it shortly after we got married and I know I have used it a few times but none of them remembered it. Oh you should have seen the pure joy and giggles as they watched the popcorn popping out! It was so worth it that I pulled it out again less than a week later and popped corn, again with a counter full of help from the kids. I do have to say that my new favorite kind of corn is with a little butter and then sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar, I have yet to drizzle it with the white chocolate, maybe sometime in the future if I have white chips around long enough to use them for popcorn before using the up in cookies!

3 comments:

Techno Grandma said...

This is Jenny btw. I love, love, LOVE white chocolate on fresh popped popcorn. I've never tried the cinnamon sugar thing, though. I probably shouldn't

Adams Family said...

I love chocolate popcorn too but I have always drizzled it on microwaved popcorn, light butter. It kind of gives it that sweet and salty flavor. Yum. Just today I was telling MaryAnn I want a real popcorn popper. Your blog makes me want one even more.

Techno Grandma said...

Stan was the popcorn maker at our house. If I left him to babysit any of the kids I would come home to a floor covered with popcorn but the kids were happy. He popped it in a kettle on the stove for years.