Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon is probably one of my most favorite National Parks here in Utah.  It always has been since the first time we went as kids.  But it has been years and years since I have been back.  We  have never taken the kids and to be honest I don't think Steve had ever been, can't remember.  But I was so excited when they planned to go here for reunion.  We had such a fun day hiking around and playing with cousins.  I couldn't wait to do one of the main hikes down into the canyon and then back up.  I remember as a kid doing it and seeing the massive trees starting at the bottom and trying to poke their heads out at the top and yes they were still there probably only a little taller than when I went 15-20 years ago.


The boys love any nook or cranny they could find and thought this little arch was cool.

We did too so we got a picture of all of us!

My cute Kenna girl

Another family shot

Seth crossing a tree that goes over this gully

Once at the bottom the boys started taking off and so Railey and I took our time climbing back up out of the canyon.  Because it was just the two of us and to encourage her to keep going till the next stopping spot, I would take pictures of her at all the stopping spots.  I got a few really cute ones.
 

There's the boys.  They are farther ahead than the picture looks, I am zoomed in all the way
 

Looking back down at what we had just accomplished and yes it was that steep.  Switchbacks all the way up.  I was at the bottom and the boys where close to the top when I snatched that picture a minute ago.
 

We made it back up to the top!  I love those little arch caves over across the canyon from us.  Aren't they cool?

I am so glad we had the chance to take the kids here.  It really  was a fun day and everyone was exhausted when we got back to Mom and Dad's.  It definitely made for good sleeping that night!

No comments: