Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beautiful Butterfly

The kids got all excited the other day and were yelling at me to come see this huge butterfly. I took my time thinking by the time I get out there it will be gone butterflies don't stick around especially when there are kids close by. But after Damen kept being insistent I finally went out to look and quickly saw the butterfly on his hand. Knowing my camera was on the counter I ran back in grabbed it and started snapping away then as I was snapping realized that this butterfly wasn't going anywhere. It's wing was broken!! Poor thing and then he just had to tolerate all the kids wanting to hold and touch it. The neighbors were over and had fun looking too the girls would scream if it got closer than they wanted but other than that they were right there looking the whole time. All of them were fascinated with this beautiful, broken, butterfly. I just hope that it had a quick death and didn't have to suffer too long after they finally let it be.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: