Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sewing Again

A couple weeks ago I was talking with my Sister-in-law about her daughters baptism. I asked if she had a dress and she said kind of, but at the time she wasn't sure. So knowing how expensive they are I volunteered to make one. It was so much fun planning it all. We found a site and she picked out a dress she really liked and I had a basic pattern that would make the dress she wanted with just adding a few extras. The next day I went shopping for material and found this beautiful overlay for the dress, and it was on sale which was even better.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cutting the dress out and by bedtime had the dress made. Only the finishing hand work had to be done.

I couldn't find any flowers I like so I made this one for the sash area. I think it turned out kind of cute


And here is the finished product. I love to sew, but a lot of times my sewing is fast simple dresses for Railey and Kenna, so it was fun to take some time and make something so nice and give it a good finished look. I especially like how it turned out and looked on Aubree. Steve took the picture without a flash so it's kinda blurry, but she still is so cute!






1 comment:

More Joy in "The Service" said...

The dress is SO pretty! You are so talented and creative!