Sunday, August 1, 2010

Solids

Kenna has now officially started eating solid foods, and it isn't always from a jar or spoon, (she loved the leaves on my plant). With the boys and with Railey I started them right away at 4 months, I heard that's when you started so I did. I didn't know you could wait (until my 4th child) so that's what we did. It's not like she's malnourished or anything just look at her thighs, so we waited and even at 6 months she wasn't really interested. I started with the rice cereal and she did not like it, it wasn't until I got veggies or fruit mixed in with the cereal that she started eating it. But I must say I always forget how long it takes to feed a baby. I was at the table for 45 minutes plus last night trying to feed her less than a 1/4 cup worth of something. No wonder I put it off and have just nursed for so long that's done in 5-10 minutes max. Oh well she is so cute and Steve even likes watching me feed her cause I do all the mouth motions as I try to feed her. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does that. My lips move as I try to get her lips to wrap around the spoon I know it's funny to watch cause I've seen Mom do it. It must be hereditary--or at least we'll say it is.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: