Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggs

Growing up we would color eggs every year. We had all the tricks of the trade learned or so we thought and loved the tradition. We did it one year when Damen was little and since it has just never happened. My kids love hard boiled eggs right out of the hot water but aren't fans of them cold so I thought it was a waste to cook them and then not eat them. But we decided to go for it again this year. Doing so made me realize that there was probably a reason we had not done them in so many years, it's hard with little kids. Damen and Seth did great and were so excited, and only broke one. Railey on the other hand would DROP her egg in then take it out right away. She didn't understand that you had to leave it a LONG time to get really bright(one of those things I learned from doing it so many times :) ) But all in all we had a great time coloring eggs and I think the kids will want to do it again. Now to get them to eat the eggs!




No comments: