Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lost Shoes

I feel like I spend 25% of my time as a mother looking for shoes. Whether it's right before the kids walk out the door for school, or Sunday morning before church, or 10 times a day for Railey--I am always looking for shoes!!! The other day when we were going to Thanksgiving point we were supposed to meet everyone down there at 10 well I started looking at about 9:40 knowing that we needed to leave within 10 minutes. I wanted her Sunday shoes because she had her little dress on and her tennis shoes just didn't go. We looked everywhere. Could find nothing. The kids were helping but my frustration was growing, ask Jared they were staying with us that day. Well finally it was 10 and we were already late so I said forget it just get her pink ones they are by the front door. The kids came back and said they weren't. Well look again I said, I had just seen them there 45 minutes before! But they weren't there. So we searched the house for those and found nothing. So now it was 10:10 we were really late so I grabbed some green sandals, they definitely didn't match the red dress! We got to thanksgiving point and were the first ones there by 25 minutes. That's how it goes isn't it.

Well then 2 hrs before bed we started looking everywhere again for the shoes. We looked everywhere that Railey could reach, but found nothing. I had prayed but still found nothing. Damen said the family prayer before bed (yes 2 hrs after we had started looking) and asked to find the shoes. He got up went and looked in the bathroom cupboards (I had looked in all the other bathrooms but that one) they weren't there he went into the Laundry room and started looking in the baskets I had already done that and told him so. Then he yelled "I found the pink ones." Where could they have been I had looked all over in that room. They were in the washing machine. Yes down inside!!!! Earlier that morning Railey had brought them to me for me to put them on her but they were muddy so I told her to put them back and we would wash them later. Well Railey is all about getting things done now so she took care of the problem and put them in the washer herself. That darn smart girl.

Damen definitely had the faith to find them. But we were still out the Sunday shoes and she was not going to wear tennis shoes to church so I kept looking until Steve got home from the temple. I told him the whole story and all about Damens faith and asked why mine was so lacking. All he sweetly said was " You have faith! You have faith that I will take you to the store right now and buy Railey some shoes for tomorrow." I guess that's the difference between the faith of a child and the faith of a parent who has $10 in the bank.

Yes Damen found the Sunday shoes the next day after we went to church and while he stayed home "sick."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha!! I love this story.. especially Steve's answer in the end!! Makes me smile! You have such cute kids and a sweet husband.