Saturday, April 24, 2010

Temple Outing

Saturday, I took the kids up to the temple. Every few moths I take them up and let them go into the lobby and feel of the spirit inside the temple. Every time I am amazed at how good they are and what they tell me they've felt when we leave. I will go and get Steve so that they can see him in his white suit since they are always asking about it. He will come up and give them loves but they are always so excited to see their Dad. It is a rare occasion that they get to see him on a Saturday night.

After we are done inside the temple we will go outside and walk around. It's always so fun to watch them. This last trip I saw something I haven't seen before. They just want to take off running and are so full of energy and excitement. I just about got upset with them, to tell them that we were on the temple grounds, when something told me not too. Suddenly I understood something new. The kids were feeling the spirit. It was making them happy and excited just like it makes me so many times. I have learned to suppress the running around (well in public). Instead of yelling at them (quietly of course cause we were at the temple) I gathered them together and told them that what was making them excited was the spirit and I was so glad they were feeling it. I told them they could go anywhere they wanted but had to be respectful of others who were also feeling the spirit.

So we kept walking and took a few pictures and then my battery on the camera was gone. Then of course they started fighting over the stroller, I did get mad and before long we were back in the car. Me frustrated that I let a stroller fight ruin what I was feeling and realizing that I need to get up there without kids. It feels like it has been forever. It's so hard with Kenna and all. She wants to be nursing every little bit which hasn't allowed me to go for a time. hopefully before long, I do want to be there, but if I can't I am so glad that Steve can and is (even as we speak). Here are a few cute ones of the kids:








1 comment:

Brooke Bailey said...

What a good idea to do with the kids Erika. I'll bet they love seeing their Daddy in his white suit.

I hear you about losing patience (your stroller story). Seems like it can happen so fast... kids fighting/losing temper. I read a quote the other day by Sister Beck that I printed and put on my fridge..

"Mothers can feel help from the Spirit even when tired, noisy children are clamoring for attention, but they can be distanced from the Spirit if they lose their temper with children."

Thanks for sharing your cute family!