Friday, April 23, 2010

New Best Friend

The past 7 months or so I have been part of a little sewing group. We get together and show different things we have made, learn different things and get great ideas. It has been a lot of fun and I am so glad my friends envited me to join. Because of it I have a new best friend it is called elastic thread. I have had so much fun learning to sew with it and it just makes the cutest little girls clothes. Here are a few of the things I have made with it:

This is a little shirt I made for Kate's birthday. I had made a couple for Railey like this. I think it needs another row in the middle it looks a little funny. Railey's looks more natural but is short (that darn tummy).
This is a little dress I made for Railey out of one of my old Maternity Shirts (plenty of material with it being a tent shirt) I found the idea here. She is loving dresses right now so with it costing me nothing, it was great to have a new dress to wear outside to play in.

Here's the front don't you just love those buttons. I do cause I didn't have to sew them on. :)



2 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

Great looking clothes Erika. You sure have a talent.

Adams Family said...

That is so cute. I can't believe you did it out of a maternity shirt. I don't have the patience or vision for sewing.