Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Hero(s)

Steve took the kids to see Iron Man yesterday. They loved it, of course they love anything super hero, so it was a given even before he left the house. He always says his favorite thing about taking them to hero movies is what they do on the way out of the theater. For superman they were flying, with iron man they had their hands down (in penguin position) getting ready to boost up, I guess),for batman they are throwing the bat thingy and Spiderman of course they are going around shooting their webs and climbing the walls, literally. Then for the Halloween following the movie that came out that year of course they have to be that character--hence all the super hero costumes!!!

So the second they walked in the door Seth had on the Iron Man outfit, well upon seeing Seth Railey was not to be outdone and went and became a ninja turtle and then Superman. 15 minutes later Damen walked into the room as a Power Ranger. I love my Heroes!!!





I guess I have always looked at them as heroes, and warriors for that matter. From the time they were teeny tiny, I have seen their super powers. Damen is a protector, he looks out for and protects his siblings. He also has the power of Faith, like I have never ever before seen in a child. Seth has the power of friendship and love, he cares about others and is sensitive to others feelings. He makes friends easily, and isn't worried about what others think. He also has the power of understanding big things, just like his Dad, and has the vocabulary to go along with it. Railey has been blessed with the power of happiness and she not only is happy but she brings that happiness to everyone around her. She also has an amazing power of wanting to keep things clean! Kenna has a power of grace and a determination to do and be good her main power will be to help others see the good around them. Now can't you see why I think my kids are heroes and have super powers?

I know that they participated in something amazing even before they came to this life. They were heroes and warriors on the Lords side helping to fight Satan and they are already doing that here. It's inherent in them to fight and battle the bad guys, in fact they almost find joy in defeating Satan. They have an important role to play in this life just as they did before they came here and I know they will perform it with honor and with dignity and all the powers they have been blessed with. Can I just say how much I love my SUPER HEROES, and to think they got most of it from their Dad. That just goes to show what an amazing Hero he is to have such amazing posterity!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke Bailey said...

Wow! What a great post Erica! Your kids do have a great Dad... but I know they got lots of their 'super'ness from their Mom too. They have great parents.