Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bailey Party

We had a little get together with the Bailey's on Christmas Eve. It was fun to be with everyone (missed Jon and Darc). We had some yummy food, opened a few gifts and acted out the nativity. What more can you ask for in a Christmas Eve party?

Here's the kids eating, or should I say trying to act cool?

Taken literally one second before Railey dumped her full glass of Root Beer

Mom was tying Steve up, Oh I mean trying to help him get dressed in his costume that had a wrap a mile long.

Here's Kate and Seth posing for the camera, they were two of our Shepherds

I don't know what it is about Seth trying to act cool in every picture but he sure is COOL along with pleasant smile Damen

My Three Boys. No that's not strong drink in Steve's hand that's STRONG cologne

Our Mary and Joseph. It was about this time that Railey started to show that she wasn't feeling too hot. I think she had a head cold. But she was sure proud to play Mary.

All Mine


I tried to help Railey understand that she was Mary and I gave her a doll to hold and told her it was Baby Jesus. It was quite humbling to see her reaction and how careful and loving she was toward that baby. I mean she loves her a doll and all but this was different. I know she understood in her own small way that she was playing an important part.

Here's Kate and Railey sporting their outfits (they sure were proud of them almost as much as their parents were of them)

Oh she could have played an angel just as well as Mary

Raileys head thing kept falling off. I love this picture cause it shows Grandma Bailey (almost 90) trying her best with her shaking hands trying to help Railey get ready again. I wanted to step in and help but was too moved to do anything except take a picture.

Here comes Mary and Joseph on Carson, the donkey.

Here's Kenna playing with the nasty cologne (I had to get at least one picture of her). Then that was all the pictures because Railey was done. I don't think she felt too well and she didn't want to sit up there with Damen holding the doll. So I went up and held her while she held Jesus and while Joseph sat next to her. As Grandpa continued to read the story I was moved. In my heart I was feeling so much. I have now given birth 4 times one of which was the little girl on my lap. How grateful I was that My Mom was able to come and be there with me. Though not in the labor room but shortly after and then there to help me recover with each of my kids. I was taken to the time when Mary delivered, I'm sure she had planned on sharing that experience with her Mom and I'm sure her mom looked forward to being there and taking care of her own daughter and helping her through the process of giving birth. But she was unable to be there. God had a different plan. All her worrying mother could do was pray for her, pray that all would go well. When Railey was scared of being up in front of everyone I was able to go and hold her until the pageant was over but I won't always be able to do that. I know there will be times that all I will be able to do is pray for her and pray that she will feel love and comfort.
A couple weeks ago I was expressing some frustration to my own mom in regards to some things we have been experiencing. I was brought to tears as she told me they wished they could help but that they had been praying for us. I know the prayers of others and many sent up from us have helped get us through some hard times. I definitely am grateful for the prayers of parents and hope that I can teach my kids and help them to see, hear, and know that their parents are always praying for them so that when we can't be there they will automatically know we are on our knees praying for them.
But I am grateful that so far God's plan has allowed my Mom to be there when we have had our kids. It almost wasn't so last year when we had Kenna, but how grateful I am this Christmas Season for that!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: