Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lights

Back when we lived in our last house I talked Steve into putting up Christmas lights and he did it. The problem was we would have to go out into the garage (there was no door from the house to the garage) walking in snow or cold to go plug then unplug the lights every night. Needless to say they were only turned on about 2-3 times and that is not an exaggeration. So I have never again asked that of him. In fact it is a joke between us and we always look at each other anytime we see men out putting up the lights, and just shake our heads and talk about how their wife is some manipulator or wears the pants in the family. Like I said it's a joke!
We came home from Thanksgiving and walked in the door only to see Seth run downstairs and start hauling up Christmas decorations. We always set things up the day after but he was ready to go! Grandma and Grandpa came to visit so he didn't get too far but he had brought up most of the stuff. The next morning he was going through boxes and found a box full of lights. Once he found out they were not for the tree he went straight to Steve and asked if they could put them up outside. I was shocked when and hour later I looked out the front window and saw a ladder. Know this it was not me! I had nothing to do with this! It was all his boys!!!!! I make sure everyone knows this!!!!!!
I figured I better document it cause who know if it will happen again!

Once a ladder is up all kids must climb it. It's a rule!

I love this picture. My three boys

Didn't they do great. Now if only I could learn how to take pictures at night. I still haven't figured that out!
Thanks Seth for finding the lights. Thanks Steve for being willing to put them up even if it was to "show your boys how to do it." :)
Posted by Picasa