Friday, October 28, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples, Apples, Apples

Yea maybe you get my point! I am sick of apples. In fact that is why there has been no posting for the past few weeks and I am playing catch up today, because my whole life has consisted of APPLES and other canning and garden things. We came and picked this tree last year and went home with probably 11 bushels of apples, this year probably the same amount. Darci came and helped pick and tuck 4 or 5 home with her and I was left with the rest. Chris and Caralee came and took a few and I have done about 70 qts of applesauce and probably will still do more (still have over a bushel left), 32 qts of pie filling, 10 qts of sliced apples, 10 pints of apple butter, my oven and fruit dryer filled twice to make apple chips, picked up dozens and dozens of apples around the yard and house left from the kids and am still left with over a bushel. But we sure do love to eat it all so that's why we do it. On top of all this canning the same friend gave us grapes so I got 28 qts of juice and then made 10 qts of salsa on Saturday. Yes all of that was done last week and yesturday. Now do you see why I am exhausted and screaming at my kids today. Actually I'm good right now they are downstairs playing with the kids I watch (I don't yell when other kids are over)
























Seth was my photographer. He did a great job but I realized I didn't get any of him. Sorry bud maybe next year!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: