Tuesday, October 4, 2011

While the boys play

I took the camera the other day when they were doing pictures for football, so I could get them of the kids. I won't pay $20 for pictures when I can take a cute one of them. But then I had the camera and the game hadn't started yet so I proceeded to take a few pictures of my cute girls. They love going to the games and playing with their friends and even watching the boys in their spare time.











Yeah I had to get a huddle shot. I love how intense they are in these huddles all of the boys half the time are all wiggly trying to contain themselves until they get to go run the play they were just conniving.

I do have to tell you about this past weekend. We were playing "the green team." We have noticed them the past few weeks warming up while we were playing. We were anxious to see how well the boys would do against them. They looked great. They have this whole routine down to warm up--high knees, lunges, jumping jacks repeat. All the kids have these arm bands with the plays written on them (think college quarterback), but they are on both arms. They all have numbers on their backs. Normally you wouldn't think this would be a big deal but considering the fact that the shirts don't come with numbers and the coaches went had someone do it, it's a big deal. We laughed when we saw all of this but thought they must be some team, either that or the coaches had mucho mula.



Let me just say this. On their very first play of the game, Seth intercepted the ball and ran it back probably 10 yard, and then we went and scored. We proceeded to score 2 more times and held them until the last minute of the game when they scored (at that point we were cheering for the other team--like I said I know what it's like to have a husband that has lost a game). Oh I was so proud of our boys and especially their coach for winning this game for me.



Now back to our cute pictures of our girls while the boys played. These were at a soccer game that had a park next to it. I didn't see much of the game because I was constantly chasing Kenna and trying to keep her off of climbing those rainbow ladders.






No the boys aren't stretching, though we aren't against it. They are showing the ref that they all have shin guards on. Luckily more boys showed up after this picture.





It has been fun to have our Saturdays filled with games and fun. This week we have to cram an extra football game in on Thursday, to play the only team that has beat us. There has been some big talk at our house the past week since Steve found out he gets to have a rematch. Lets just say, will everyone please pray for our kids to win. Oh I know God doesn't care who wins but will you do it anyway because it sure will make for a happy husband and two happy boys. I do know God cares about that.

3 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

I'm sooo sad!!! not one of the pictures showed up. I just get little boxes with red x's. I've never had that happen, hmmm. I wonder why. It's probably my computer....stupid thing.

Jenny said...

Well, I'm sad I missed most of the soccer season. :( How many games do they have left? I always feel a little guilty for praying for my team to win because what about the people who are praying for the other team to win? I still do it anyway, if I'm desperate.

Techno Grandma said...

Wish I could have been up there to see the games. I love kids football. Do your boys know that I met Grandpa Stan playing football in the mission field?