Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Ok I think I am now caught up. So we had a fun Halloween this year. We finally got around to carving pumpkins on Saturday night. I was exhausted after canning all day and Steve was gone to the temple but we still had a great time. The kids really do love coming up with the idea even though they usually don't do all the carving by themselves yet. Some but not all! I asked Seth what he was going to do and he said he was going to do a Y with a circle around it and a line crossing it out. Damen was mad because that's what he wanted to do with a U. I told them they couldn't do that because it would end up just being a great big circle cut out of the pumpkin so then this was what they came up with. Seth has a Y with a line through it and Damen has a U with a line through it and Railey wanted something "like a princess". I kept drawing princess faces and she didn't like them (because they didn't have crowns), finally Seth, my creative boy said lets make a castle. That was It! but when I drew it out and put a flag on she got all mad and didn't want the flag. Seth told her though, "Railey you put flags on castles so you know they are home, do you want people to know you are home?" "Yes," she said, "I want a flag." I should let Seth do all my talking with her, he knows how to communicate at her level.





The girls were beautiful princesses, thanks to the neighbors for the costumes. Railey has been so excited to be a princess and to wear make up. She knows she can only wear make up on Halloween so every other day of the year she asks if it's Halloween yet. But don't worry we made sure you could see she had make up on and boy did she know she was Beeautifuuuuuuuuulll!







Even Kenna knew she was beautiful. I am so glad they know this, even when they aren't dressed up in costumes.













See all that makeup!







And of course you have to twirl when you are wearing a princess dress!




We went to the parade at the school and saw the kids. Seth was a vampire. In this picture he's wondering where his teeth are. I did look but couldn't find any at the store that morning.




I think he's still disappointed. But he looks good. He really wanted to be a dead cemetery digger guy, but we didn't have some of the stuff so I threw together a cape from an old skirt and he was quite pleased. He wore it all day Sunday and then again on Monday




Damen was a pirate that we threw together on Sunday as well. He was really happy with his costume, even though you can't see the red sash he has. Until he saw the neighbors Jack Sparrows costume. Oh those people who spend money on costumes. J/K





After a yummy dinner we headed over to Aunt Helens and went to her trunk or Treat and then came home to go trick or treating. It was hilarious though. At the very first house we went to our neighbor told Railey "Oh your a princess, princesses get two candies." I thought that was sweet of her but didn't think anything of it until the next house Railey says, "I'm a princess I get two." Our neighbor thought it was so cute she gave her two while I am on the steps rolling in laughter. I explained to her what had just happened and then tried to explain to Railey that you don't say that but guess what she didn't understand. At most houses she would tell people, "I'm a princess I get two." But considering that's how she is at home most of the time, what do I expect. She is one spoiled princess.

Kenna was cute though at every house she would turn and say, Cane Coo (thank you) in her softest sweetest voice most time they couldn't even hear her but she was saying it.

The boys they stuck with us for a while but then I finally told them to go on ahead and that way they could go to more houses. I think they only went to 3-4 more houses and still beat us home by a while. It was fun and now I have one more added responsibility as a mom. Trying to keep my kids from eating all their candy in one sitting! Part of me just wishes they would eat it all right now and be done so I don't have to keep being the BAD mom! (or being tempted by that darn stuff!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: